Senior Staff System Applications Engineer
Type (Full-time, part-time etc.): Full-time
Reports To: Director of Application Engineering
Location: San Diego or Raleigh
Silanna is a privately held semiconductor company with exciting new products for power conversion. We are looking for a Senior Staff Applications Engineer to become an integral part of the power products group. Silanna’s Power Products have industry leading metrics of power density, efficiency and switching frequency.
About the Role:
Your key responsibilities follow:
- Responsible for delivering the Alpha and Beta release of Silanna Semiconductor reference designs (Passes all tests to the standard of a released product. Certifiable reference designs in its target applications without any changes).
- Develop board level circuits that help with the products’ (AC/DC & DC/DC controller IC) ease of use, and competitiveness. Also, implement such circuits in production-ready reference designs that will be available from Silanna / partner / distributor websites; available to FAEs and customers.
- Preparation of product support documents: datasheets, application notes, user guides.
- Support FAE’s in customer support.
- Analyze and test customer application boards to optimize power system size, efficiency and total BOM cost.
- Provide technical support and develop close working relationships with customers.
- Create development kit & reference designs as well as the appropriate support documentation.
- Create hardware related customer support documents, application notes, test reports, and FAQs.
- May require occasional travel (<10% travel per year)
Required Skills and Experience
- Highly capable with bench instruments (oscilloscope, power meter, spectrum analyzer, etc. as well as Altium schematic and layout)
- Proficient in soldering, building and testing of printed circuit boards
- Can communicate with customers very well, both in written and verbal modes of communication.
- More than 7 years Power Electronics industry experience
- System-level application experience with AC/DC & DC/DC power ICs desirable
- BS in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- MS in Electrical Engineering preferred