Engineer – DCDC Power Applications
Type (Full-time, part-time etc.): Full-time
Reports To: Senior Director of Applications Engineering
Location: Manilla, Philippines
Silanna is a privately held semiconductor company with exciting new products for power conversion. Silanna’s Power Products have industry leading metrics of power density, efficiency and switching frequency.
About the Role:
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design, test, and evaluation of multi-port Reference Designs (RDs) utilizing Silanna ICs.
• Preparation of product support documents: datasheets, application notes, user guides.
• Characterization and benchmarking of power semiconductor devices.
• Assist FAE’s with customer support.
• Perform technical competitive analysis.
• Analyze and test customer application boards to optimize power system size, efficiency and cost.
• Provide technical support and develop close working relationships with customers.
• Create Sales boards development kit and the support documentation.
• Lead customer demonstrations & conference technical presentations.
• Create hardware related customer support documents, application notes, test reports, and FAQs.
• Work with engineering to implement hardware and/or procedures to satisfactorily test eval boards and Reference Designs.
• May require periodic travel for support of customers’ product development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• BS in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
• MS in Electrical Engineering preferred
• 3-5 years Power Electronics industry experience
• Some knowledge of the power semiconductor market and applications
• Circuit simulation using ORCAD, Cadence or similar tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• System-level application experience with DC-DC power ICs desirable
• Hands on experience in design of circuit boards