Sales Manager, North America
Type (Full-time, part-time etc.): Full-time
Reports To: Vice President, Worldwide Sales
Location: San Diego, or remote
Silanna is a privately held semiconductor company with exciting new products for power conversion. We are looking for a Field Applications Engineer to become an integral part of the power products group based in the Shenzhen area. Silanna’s Power Products have industry leading metrics of power density, efficiency and switching frequency.
About the Role:
The Sales Manager for Shenzhen you will work closely with the Senior Director of Sales (Shenzhen) where you will oversee all activities related to the sales and business development of Silanna Semiconductor products in the Chinese rejoin. This position will report to the Senior Director of Sales, Shenzhen and is responsible for business development and direct sales of Silanna Semiconductor’s products into the market.
This key role will be both hands on operational and strategic and will be responsible for proactively managing existing accounts directly, and developing account plans, meeting/exceeding sales goals and supporting the Silanna Semiconductor’s sales strategy through the evaluation, implementation and execution of a cohesive sales channel strategy within the China market. This will include direct sales personnel, independent representatives, distributors, and other channel partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under a broad direction of the Senior Director Sales, Shenzhen
- Identify and develop a cohesive strategy to expand the sales and market penetration within the Chinese region.
- In alignment with Silanna Semiconductor’s Strategy and Mission, collaborate effectively with other company executives and their departments in the tactical execution of sales.
- Establish sales forecasts and objectives for China. Assign and track sales quotas and results.
- Identify customer trends that shape Silanna Semiconductor markets and product plans. Report trends to Marketing.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Silanna’s marketing, application engineering, development and operations.
- Establishing, evaluating, and managing channel partner relationships.
- Provide input on sales and business-related activities such as the implementation of CRM & tracking tools to effectively lead and manage the Chinese sales channels.
- Support Silanna Semiconductor at tradeshows and industry events.
- Domestic and international travel required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required or requested.
Education, Experience and Personal Attributes
- Experience and proven sales performance in a dynamic, growth oriented (start-up to IPO) semiconductor environment.
- BSEE or equivalent experience; graduate business background preferred.
- Ten or more years of sales & management experience in the semiconductor field, preferably in power supply design.
- Experience in selling to large multi-national OEMS.
- Willingness to initially “carry a bag”- i.e. call on strategic customers.
- Contacts and established strong relationships with key decision-makers at Anker, Oppo, UGreen, Xiaomei, among others.
- Verifiable track record of quota attainment, leadership in continuous improvement, prior setting and accountability.
- Strategic sales management experience with a direct sales force, manufacturers’ representatives, and distributors.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Word, etc).
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- High level organizational and time-management skills
- Contributing and effective team player
- Professional approach
- Willingness to learn and ability to attain new skills
- Proven capability to problem solve and overcome challenges and roadblocks