Senior Staff Power IC Design Engineer
Type (Full-time, part-time etc.): Full-time
Reports To: Director of Design Engineering
Location: San Diego or Raleigh
Silanna Semiconductor is looking for someone that knows IC design, that can provide technical leadership and peer mentorship for the DC-DC division of a small, fast moving, innovation-focused company. Candidates must be self-driven and energized by opportunities to understand, problem solve and accomplish tasks within the entire spectrum of definition, design, evaluation, and release to high volume manufacturing.
About the Role:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design Lead in all aspects of the design cycle, including product definition, transistor level design, layout supervision and lab verification/debug
2. Technical Product Lead during design and validation stages for design, systems, test, process, reliability, and marketing engineers
3. Peer mentor for junior and senior design engineers
4. Power Management Cell development for areas including Buck Regulators, Boost Regulators, LDO, Bandgap, Voltage and Current References, Clock, ADC, DAC, bias circuitry, etc.
5. Limited travel from zero to 4 times per year expected
• Analog integrated circuit design and analysis
• Power electronics and switched mode power supplies
• Utilization of CAD for analog/mixed signal simulation and layout
• Application of device physics and fabrication processes toward IC design
• Results driven with focus on communicating and meeting project schedules
• Verilog-A, Verilog-ams or HDL language and simulation experience is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• BSEE Required; MSEE preferred.
• 10+ years professional experience in analog and mixed signal IC design of power management circuits required.