Staff Power Application Engineer
Type (Full-time, part-time etc.): Full-time
Reports To: Principal Application Engineer
Location: Manila Philippines
Silanna is a privately held semiconductor company with exciting new products for power conversion. We are looking for two Staff Power Application Engineers to become an integral part of our ACE (Application Center for Excellence) Team. Silanna’s Power products have industry leading metrics of power density, efficiency and switching frequency.
About the Role:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Characterization and benchmarking of power semiconductor devices.
- Computer simulation of product performance in applications.
- Guidance to product design on device parameter optimization.
- Preparation of product support documents and collaterals.
- Support of product engineering by implementation of electrical testing of products.
- Provide Marketing, Sales and FAE support.
- Understand and translate market & customer requirements into product specifications. Perform technical competitive analysis.
- Analyze and test customer application boards to optimize power system size, efficiency and cost.
- Provide technical support and develop close working relationships with customers.
- Create development kit & reference designs as well as the appropriate support documentation.
- Lead customer demonstrations & conference technical presentations
- Create hardware related customer support documents, application notes, and FAQs.
- Work with engineering to implement hardware and/or procedures to satisfactorily test hardware.
- Requires periodic travel for support of product development and/or customer support.
Must possess/demonstrate the following:
In-depth technical knowledge of the power semiconductor market and applications
- Power device characterization, test board and reference design
- Experience with Power IC characterization & reference design development
- System-level application experience with portable or consumer products with particular focus on QC and USB-PD applications desirable
- Circuit simulation using ORCAD, Cadence or similar tools
- Knowledge and experience with firmware, C++, Visual Basic, Assembly Language is a plus
- Familiar with power IC design, schematic capture and production layout issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 10+ years Power Electronics industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years hands on application experience with power management products
- BS in Electrical/Electronics Engineering (or equivalent)
- MS in Electrical/Electronics Engineering preferred